307th RED HORSE Squadron

As the active duty squadrons decreased in number at the end of the Vietnam War, RED HORSE capability expanded to the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve.  The 307th RHS was originally organized in July 1971.  Detachments 307 and 308 were located at Ellington AFB,...

555th RED HORSE Squadron (AFRC)

The 555th, one of the original RED HORSE units and the second squadron to arrive in Vietnam, was headquartered at Cam Ranh Bay from February 1966 to early 1970.  The unit completed much of the troop housing, roads, and utilities on the base.  The 555th constructed...

556th RED HORSE Squadron

The 556th was constituted 3 February 1966.  Following training at Forbes AFB, KS, the unit deployed to U Tapao AB, Thailand, on 30 June 1966.  In addition to the main unit at U Tapao, the 556th also established detachments at five other Thai bases. With the exception...

557th RED HORSE Squadron

The 557th activated on 5 February 1968, organized on 10 February 1968, and deployed to Osan AB, Korea, in April 1968 to assist in the buildup resulting from seizure of the USS Pueblo.  The unit had a permanent change of station to Osan AB effective 30 August 1968....

560th Civil Engineering Squadron

The 560th was activated at Eglin AFB, FL, in November 1966.  Also known as the Civil Engineering Field Activities Center, the unit was responsible for training replacement personnel destined for RED HORSE units in Southeast Asia.  The 560th was capable of field...

819th RED HORSE Squadron (ACC)

The 819th was originally activated as the 819th Installations Squadron at Abilene, Texas (later Dyess AFB) on 15 June 1956. On 1 July 1960 it was redesignated as the 819th Civil Engineering Squadron. The unit was inactivated at Dyess on 25 June 1961. On 12 January...